Your Right To Workers’ Comp After An Injury On The Job
If a serious accident injury on the job has put you out of work and you’re desperate to know what to do now without sufficient income, I, attorney Howard J. Stevens, can provide you with information and skilled legal guidance. I can explain the workers’ compensation benefits to which you may be entitled.
At my firm, the Law Office of Howard J. Stevens, APC, in San Diego, I have been providing quality representation for injured workers in San Diego County for 40 years. My wealth of legal knowledge, aggressive advocacy, background as an insurance claims examiner and tradition of providing personal service are invaluable assets when pursuing solutions for employees seeking benefits.
The Benefits You Are Entitled To Under Workers’ Compensation
There are five kinds of workers’ compensation benefits that you or surviving family members may be eligible for after suffering a serious accident or an injury related to “continuous trauma,” including:
- Medical care: The employer covers hospital bills, rehabilitative therapy or other necessary medical costs following a work-related injury or illness.
- Permanent disability: Payments are owed to you if a complete recovery is impossible and you now have a mental or physical disability.
- Temporary disability: This allows you to recover wages if your condition cannot improve while you are working.
- Supplemental job displacement: These are vouchers that pay for retraining for other jobs if the previous duties cannot be resumed.
- Death benefits: These are payments to family members if a work injury or illness proves fatal.
However, you likely will not receive any benefits after a work accident until you stand up for your rights. I can advocate for your financial and medical needs throughout the process of pursuing your workers’ compensation claim.
Although workers expect to have their workers’ compensation after an injury on the job, insurance carriers may deny this right. Do not give up on your rights. I am ready to help you appeal such denial.
Fighting For The Benefits You Deserve
Whether your concerns are medical, emotional, financial or legal, I can skillfully address your needs throughout your case. I will advocate for you when an insurance company tries to “lowball” you with minimum benefits. Your initial consultation costs you nothing – and my contingency fee policy means that you owe no legal fees unless you receive benefits.
Do not hesitate to seek the money that you need to recover from a job-related injury. Call the Law Office of Howard J. Stevens, APC, today at 619-880-4501 or send an email message to request a detailed case review. I can meet you at your home or hospital room if you are unable to travel to my office due to your injuries.