Pursuing Workers’ Compensation Benefits And The Legal Guidance You Need
Typically, the first question an injured worker asks is: Should I pursue workers’ compensation benefits? I am Howard J. Stevens, an experienced workplace accident injury attorney and certified specialist who has the answer to that question and many others.
For 40 years, I’ve had a successful practice in San Diego County advocating for the rights of countless clients to obtain the benefits they have deserved. My thorough knowledge of the legal process and payments system is grounded in my prior professional life as an employer-leaning workers’ comp claims examiner for insurance companies. I have seen job accident injury claims and appeals requested, contested and executed from a variety of valuable perspectives.
Working Hard To Win The Workers’ Compensation Benefits You Deserve
Serious job accidents that may qualify the injured worker to apply for benefits include:
- Accidents that develop from continuous trauma, eventually leading to serious physical and/or emotional impairment
- Falls from great heights due to a ladder or scaffold in need of repair
- Violent contact with falling objects
- Defects or malfunctions in heavy work machinery that cause injuries
- Slip-and-falls on unsafe terrain
- Motor vehicle accidents while driving a company-owned car, truck, van or other vehicle
- Severe burns from fires and explosions
- Repetitive stress injuries to arms, legs, backs and necks
- Stress-related and emotional issues
- Noise factors, such as those in warehouses and factories, that cause hearing loss
- Any accident that causes concussion, traumatic brain injury (TBI) or spinal cord damage
These are just a few of the dangerous situations that can result in expensive hospitalization, health care treatment costs, lost wages and potential temporary or permanent disability. Contact the Law Office of Howard J. Stevens, APC, if the injuries that you sustained in a life-changing on-the-job accident are overlooked by an unsympathetic employer and its insurer, who, at best, will offer only bare minimum benefits. I know where the real benefits are buried – and how to pry them loose for you.
Start Fighting For Your Rights Today
Call 619-880-4501 or stay online to send an email message. Your initial consultation is a no-cost, no-obligation, completely confidential airing of your issues. If your condition has left you confined to your home or in a hospital room, I can arrange to meet with you there.